Monday 4 July Girona. Arrival and registrations
● Arrival in Girona- Reception and registration
Tuesday 5 July University of Girona Facultat de Lletres Plaça Josep Ferrater i Mora 1
Co-organisers Càtedra de Geografia i Pensament Territorial UdG
● 8:30/9: 30: Registration
● 9: 30/10:00 Welcome. Joan Nogué (Professor of Human Geography UdG) Joan Vicente Rufí (Director of the Geography Department UdG), Ingrid Guardiola (director of Bòlit Contemporary Art Center of Girona) Clara Garí (Director of Contemporary Art Center Nau Côclea) Geert Vermeire (Made of Walking & walk·listen·create). Presentation of the Conference
● 10: 00/11: 00 Keynote presentation: Walking: a Practice for Making Landscape Elena Lorenzetto. Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche: https://www.fbsr.it/en/ .
● 11: 00/11: 30: Coffee break
● 11: 30/13: 30 Paper presentations (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 13: 30/16:30 Lunch break. Picnic in Parc de La Devesa and presentation of Soundwalk Temple of Hermes by Ralph Hoyte.
● 17: 00/19:00: Projects and Workshops in different places in Girona (see pdf)
● 19:00/22:00 Argamassa: Emotion, Place and Substance. Experience walk at the confluence of the rivers Ter and Onyar Jordi Mas Balado. Meeting point behind the parking La Copa 2. A collective experience on the banks of the River Ter, where we will jointly create stories superimposed and intertwined by awakening the subtleties of the places where we will be, stimulating bodily sensory and imaginary, both individual and group. https://www.jordimasdansa.com/bio-contact
He works on the relationships between body, time and landscape with the aim of making the meanings of dance and place more plural. He collaborates with landscape activists and platforms in defense of the territory to create new meanings of the places. He has developed long-term projects and enjoys participating with the locals wherever he works.
Wednesday 6 July University of Girona Facultat de Lletres Plaça Josep Ferrater i Mora 1
● 9:30/10:00 Registrations
● 10: 00/11:00 Keynote presentation Walking and Mapping Karen O’Rourke. Saint Etienne University
● 11:00/11:30 Coffee break
● 11:30/13:00 Paper presentations (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 13: 00/15:00 Lunch break
● 15:00/16:30 Paper presentations (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 16: 30/21: 00: Projects and Workshops in different places in Girona (see pdf)
Thursday 7 July – Olot Regional Hospital Avinguda dels Paisos Catalans 86
Co-organisers Observatori del Paisatge de Catalunya and Fundació Hospital d’Olot
● 8: 00/9:30 Travel to OLOT (private bus from Girona, reservation needed ticket 10€)
● 9:30/10:00 Registration
● 10:00/10:15 Josep Berga (Major of Olot) Pere Sala (Director of Observatori del Paisatge de Catalunya) Joel Piqué (Director of the Medicine Humanities Observatory Olot Hospital Foundation) Wellcome and presentation of the the territory-reception area.
● 10:15/11:15 Keynote presentation: Rafael Lopez Munné. Researcher and photographer. Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona. (in catalan with sequential translation to english)
● 11:15/11:45 Coffee break
● 11:45/14:00 Presentation of papers (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 14:00/16:00 Lunch break
● 16:00/17:30 Presentation of papers (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 16:00/20:30 Projects and walkshops in different places of Olot (see pdf)
20:30/6:00 till morning next day Night Walk Attraverso la Notte Marsala Collective. durational art walk. The walk will last 9 hours but people will not be walking all the time.
The artistic group Marsala (Italy) proposes a journey of sensory and artistic exploration through a nocturnal walk. From dusk to dawn, the audience will take part in a laboratory focused on the act of walking, unleashing individual and collective reflections on the relationship between the space, the night-time and walking. Attraverso la notte aims to raise awareness of collectively living by night as an antidote to social distancing and the rules that govern daytime living. Throughout the experience, the audience will have the opportunity to explore various disciplines, including urban and visual anthropology, sociology, human geography, cartography and journalism, which shall be intertwined with many artistic languages at the same time. The end result may be a multimedia installation, a street sign campaign, a video collage, a soundscape or a self-produced fanzine.
Tickets and information https://www.sismografolot.cat/ca/ona-expansiva.html Reduced ticket for the participants of the Conference 3€ (clic the ticket option of students). Participants must be sure to be present for the whole time of the activity.
Friday, July 8 – VIC. University of Vic. Carrer Sagrada Família 7
Co-organisators Oficina de Gestió Cultural UVic-UCC , Departament de Didàctica de les Arts i les Ciències de la Facultat d’Educació, Traducció, Esport i Psicologia (FETEP) de la UVic-UCC, Contemporary Art Center AcVic and Casino of Vic
● 8: 00/10:00 Travel to Vic (private bus from Olot, reservation needed ticket 10€)
● 9: 00/10:00h Registration
● 10:00/10:15h Ton Granero (UVic and AcVic) Brief presentation of the Conference and the territory-reception area.
● 10:15/11:15 Presentation of papers (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 11:15/11:45 Coffee break (not offered, you can go to nearby cafes)
● 11: 45/13:45 Paper presentations. (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 14:00/17: 00: Lunch break
● 17: 00/22: 00 Projects and Workshops in different places in Vic (see pdf)
● 22:00: Walking perimeter of Vic (curated walk) by the Deriva Mussol Collective. Meeting point: Vic Train Station. Bring a snack and water.
Deriva Mussol is led by Jordi Lafon, Eva Marichalar-Freixa, Montsita Rierola and Sebastià Masramon in collaboration with many other. Their long professional record in education and visual and performing arts, brought them to embrace walking practices as a way to explore endless possibilities for creation and learning in contemporary contexts. They enjoy generating actions as well as sharing gathering spaces which are meant to be open, permeable and in motion. With this perimeter they celebrate their 10th anniversary. Deriva Mussol is part of Nursery Project of ACVIC, Contemporary Center Arts since 2012. www.derivamussol.net
Saturday, July 9 – Casino de Vic. Carrer Verdaguer, 5
● 9: 00/10: 00h: Registration
● 10:00 Keynote presentation: Writing footnotes while reading your hand Anna Luyten, KASK School Ghent
● 11:00/11:30 Coffee break (not offered. You can go to the bar of the Casino)
● 11:30/12:45 Paper presentations (mainly in English, other in Catalan or Spanish)
● 13: 00 Conclusions and closing of the conference
● 17: 00 Projects and Workshops in different places in Vic (see pdf)
Some changes might eventually happen. We will keep you informed
(walk listen create platform) June and September – Sound Walk September 2022
Audio papers and audio walks (downloadable – continuous) Walk Listen Cafés (online round tables)